01— The Challenge
The November 30x30
November has notoriously been a month where we all spend way too much time inside, curled up on the couch, avoiding the rain and darkness, and telling ourselves that we will get out for a run 'tomorrow'. We are back for our EIGHTH year of rewriting that November slump. The November 30x30 challenge started in 2016 with 60 participants, and has grown through the years to over 3200 in 2022, and we are ready for 2023 to blow the doors off that those numbers! We have opened the 30x30 challenge up to both running and walking again this year, with the occasional xc ski or outdoor bike ride. We have also had wheelchair participants join to push themselves through the month.
This obviously makes the Challenge even more accessible for almost anyone who wants to be part of the challenge.
In 2016 we launched The November 30x30, and 60 brave souls took the challenge. With 26 days and 590mm of rain, it was a little grim. But the challengers dug deep, and together logged over 10,000kms.
- In 2017 we had a whopping 150 people take part in the challenge. Even with mother nature doing her best to break us with bad weather, there was an incredible 75% success rate! We logged almost 50,000Km as a group.
- Then 2018 happened - 517 participants in the 30x30, with an over 84% completion rate. We had people in the challenge from the UK, Australia, Mexico, USA, and all across Canada.
- Building on that, in 2019 we had 702 participants with an 81% completion rate. With participants again from all around the world.
- A staggering 2315 people signed up for the 30x30 in 2020, with an unheard of 90% completion rate
- In 2021 we had 2735 entrants facing some of the worst weather we've seen in a long time.
- 2022 saw from the usual wet November to a cold & dry month, with 3282 participants tackling our challenge
It is that time again to take November back, and to see what you're capable of.
The challenge is simple. Run or walk a minimum of 30 minutes a day, for 30 days straight. It doesn't have to be fast, it doesn't have to be far, it just has to last 30 minutes. Join us, partner up, and get your run streak on. This is a virtual challenge, so you can participate from anywhere in the world - you don't need to be local to participate, to win prizes, or to receive your completion discount - they are redeemable online!
- Run or Walk a minimum of 30 minutes, for the 30 days of November
- After your run/walk, post the details through our online tracking app
- It costs $30 to enter, but you get a $50 Capra Store Credit upon completion.
For 2023, the dog category is back! Same challenge as the humans, the dogs must run/walk a minimum of 30 minutes for 30 days, and their owner must be registered for the challenge as well. Doggie buy-in is $15, and all dogs that successfully complete will win a $25 gift certificate from Peaks Family Pets, which is the same great owners as our original dog sponsors, O'Briens - just a brand new exciting name in 2023!
02— Support System
We've got your back
Capra Group Runs
We have 2 regular Saturday Groups Runs that run all year round, with a Speedy option at 8am & a Social option at 9am, to learn more check out our group run info here
Throughout the month of November, we will also be hosting additional running and walking groups to get out there and make connections with other participants.
Join the Capra Strava Club and post in the group if you're heading out for a run and are looking for company. Chances are there's someone else in the same boat. Plus, it's a great spot to look for a new route if you're getting tired of the same loop.
Not on Strava? Join our Facebook Group, post your run plans, find someone to join you, or just make us all jealous with photos of your latest adventure.
Instagram - Follow the challenge here
03— Sweet Victory
Money. Prizes. Glory.
Every finisher who completes all 30 days, and fills in all their data, will receive a $50 Capra Store Credit.
We have over $20,000 in prizing for our daily newsletters. Everyone that completes their run and enters it into the online tracking app can be in the draw to win the next day's prize. With over 130 prizes spread throughout the month, the chances of winning something are real.
As always, we encourage you to document your month of adventure with photos, films, letters, art… whatever medium you see fit. The best submissions will be considered for a range of prizes.
The Dog Category is back. Same challenge as the humans, the dogs must run a minimum of 30 minutes for 30 days, and their owner must be registered for the challenge as well. Doggie buy-in is $15, and all dogs that successfully complete will win a $25 gift certificate from Peaks Family Pets in Squamish.
04— The Nitty Gritty
The spirit of the challenge is to run or walk or hike, regardless of the conditions, and push yourself to get out the door every day. Here are a few guidelines as to what counts, and what doesn't.
Things that count
- + Run/Walk Intervals: 30 mins of the classic run/walk training, i.e. run 5 mins, walk 1 min
- + Walking/Hiking: Walking is allowed
- + Uphill Hike/Run Day: 30 mins of uphill hiking, i.e. The Chief, Sea to Summit trail, The Grind, Flint & Feather, etc.
- + Race Day: Cross-country, trail running, road running, etc. Any race counts for your run that day.
- + Road/Treadmill Day: Either counts; the challenge isn’t limited to trail only.
- + Remote Run: You don’t need to live in Squamish to participate. Your $50 Gift Card can be redeemed online.
- + XC Ski, Ski Touring, or Outdoor Bike: This is a running/walking challenge, but we realize some of us, for many reasons - family, work, etc, may need to sub in ski or ride for your run the odd time. In the spirit of the challenge though, keep it as an option only when necessary.