Embrace the Climb
Trail running and hills are a natural combo, especially in the Sea to Sky. We have some unique terrain and an amazing network of trails, from the North Shore to Whistler, but it comes with a few climbs along the way.
We've all experienced the challenge of a big climb; the slower pace, the rhythmic grind, and the inevitable reward of reaching the top. And what goes up, must come down; heart beating, flying free, reaping the rewards of the uphill crawl.
It's time to embrace the climb, and celebrate both the suffering and soaring. Welcome to the Capra Vertical challenge.
Summer race season is just around the corner, so it is time to jump start your training with the Capra Vert Challenge throughout the month of May.
The challenge is simple - run/hike uphill as much as possible! You don't have to run everyday, like the 30x30...this one is just about stacking on as much vert as possible in May.
Run repeats on your favourite hill, or go for the mountain adventure and spend some time on the Chief. Choose your own adventure. The Challenge runs from May 01 to 31, 2019.
You don't have to do the $30 buy-in. You can just do the challenge on your own for free, and track your numbers on Strava. BUT... buying in gets you officially in on Vert Challenge Spreadsheet, and more importantly, gets you in for the prizes!
Prizes & Victory
For everyone that completes the challenge, here's what your $30 buy-in will turn in to;
5000m vert in May = $30 store credit
10,000m vert in May = $40 store credit
15,000m vert in May = $50 store credit
Share your Vertical Challenge experience and tag your photos with @caprarunning and #capravert for a chance to win extra prizes and be showcased.
All activities for the Vertical Challenge must be tracked in Strava, and weekly totals must be entered in to the Vert Challenge Spreadsheet. Many GPS watches will connect to Strava and upload the data automatically, and there are free apps for both iOS and Android in case you don't have a GPS watch.
- All runs must be tracked on Strava and tagged with #capravert
- Weekly vertical totals must be entered into the Spreadsheet.
- If you don't track through both Strava AND the spreadsheet, you are out of the challenge
- The Challenge runs May 01 to 31, 2019. All data must be entered by 11:59pm on June 2.
- Only uphill vertical counts (not the downhill)
- Manual entries or runs marked private will not count towards the challenge
- Store credits from the Vert Challenge must be used before Dec. 31, 2019, and can not be used along with other store credits.