Vertical running is all about taking a direct line up the mountain as quickly as possible. What do you need to do that? In addition to conditioning, speed and a high threshold for pain you also especially need lightweight gear that will ideally support you in this challenging discipline of Alpine Running. In particular, your running shoe and, more specifically, the outsole, play decisive roles. Traction, responsiveness and precision -- this is what our shoe developers have paid particular attention to for the sole and upper.
Technical specs of the Feline Up Pro Alpine Running shoe:
• A lightweight 230 grams for maximum forward propulsion on the mountain
• Vibram® Megagrip sole and Vibram® Lite Base Technology are the heart of the Feline Up Pro
• Heel Preloader ensures your heel stays put and promotes a natural running gait
• Narrow minimalist design for optimal fit
• 4 mm drop for exacting and sensitive ground feel
• Lightweight, nevertheless protective upper
• Quick lacing system with stretch fabric lace cover to stash shoelaces
This new Vertical Running Shoe is above all one thing -- light! At only 230 grams, its weight on a run is hardly perceptible without forfeiting one iota on protection or grip. That is made possible by the new Vibram® Megagrip sole. With its special Vibram® Lite Base Technology, the shoe’s original weight could be reduced by approximately 25%. Despite such a minimal weight, the sole construction has impressive traction and protection, even over rough terrain or wet surfaces. A minimal drop of 4 mm offers the vertical runner direct ground feel for fast, precise reactions.